The 16th Annual Recognition Breakfast was held on March 29, 2018 at the Tirrell Room. The event provided the perfect opportunity to thank the QSCP Community Business Partners for their continued commitment, generosity and dependability. This year, three new Community Business Partners were welcomed into the Partnership. They were Peak Physical Therapy and Sports Performance, Quincy After School Child Care, Inc. and South Shore Hospital. Partnership Recognitions 2018 included the Quincy Education Association, Quincy Retired Teachers Association, Wessling Architects and The Quincy Sun for their longstanding commitment to the Quincy School Community Partnership and the students of Quincy Public Schools.
Thank you Quincy Credit Union, Colonial Federal Savings Bank, Bank of Canton, Morganthaler, South Shore YMCA, TD Bank, Quincy Rotary, South Shore Bank, Century Bank, Baystate Financial, Coastal Heritage Bank, Quirk Auto Dealers, Hajjars Men’s Clothing, Caryn’s Corner, Success Realty, AXA Equitable, Century 21 Abigail Adams, MountainOne Bank, Eastern Bank, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, David Donaghue Insurance, State Street, Quincy College, Rotary Club, and the South Shore Workforce Development Board for supporting Quincy Public School’s 10th Annual Credit for Life Fair on April 26, 2018 at the Tirrell Room. Their participation made it a fun-filled and rewarding experience for 200 North Quincy and Quincy High School Seniors. Partners made it possible!!
The Quincy School ~ Community Partnership’s 17th Annual Recognition Breakfast was held on March 29, 2018 at the Tirrell Room in Quincy. The Breakfast, held annually, honors and thanks the generosity and support of the QSCP Community Business Partners, who support Quincy Public Schools staff and students throughout the year in a variety of ways including Financial Support, Student Support, Site Support and Career Connections.
Approximately 190 guests, including Mayor Thomas Koch, Quincy School Committee Members, Quincy Public Schools administrators and staff and Quincy School Community Business Partners attended the event. Three new Community Business Partners were welcomed to the Quincy School Community Partnership including PEAK Physical Therapy and Sports Performance, Quincy Afterschool Child Care, Inc. and South Shore Hospital. As well, four additional partners recognized for their extraordinary contributions to Quincy Public Schools. They were the Quincy Education Association, Quincy Retired Teachers, Wessling Architects, and the Quincy Sun. Each was presented a plaque of appreciation from Quincy Public Schools Superintendent Richard DeCristofaro.
Throughout the breakfast, many Quincy School Community Partnership Traditions that take place year after year were highlighted and shared. Initiatives included the Backpack and School Supplies Distribution Event, the QSCP Welcome Back Reception, the Teacher Mini-Grant Reception, Tis the Season…Symphony and Song, and the Credit for Life Fair. These events would not be possible without the generosity and support of our Business Community Partners. (more…)
August 30, 2017 – August 31, 2017
Superintendent Richard DeCristofaro, Deputy Superintendent Kevin Mulvey and Ms. Allison Cox, President of the Quincy Education Association, welcomed fifty-one new professional staff members to Quincy Public Schools at the annual New Professional Staff Orientation. Newly hired staff, representing pre-kindergarten through high school, were presented an overview of important topics including Curriculum and Assessment, Academic and Student Support, Technology Planning, and Educator Evaluation Process and Procedures.
Special thanks to QSCP Partners Quincy Credit Union, Quincy Education Association, Montilio’s Bakery, and Baystate Financial Services, for sponsoring breakfast and lunch for the newest QPS professional staff members. (more…)
MFS (Mass Financial Services), a generous community business partner, celebrated their Global Day of Giving on October 11, 2017. MFS employees visited the Clifford Marshall Elementary School and cleaned outdoor garden beds and readied them for winter, as well as adding plantings around the front and sides of the building. MFS also purchased books from Scholastic for Clifford Marshall’s Summer Reading Celebration.
Special thanks to QSCP Partner MFS for sharing your time at Clifford Marshall School. (more…)
September 7, 2017 – September 8, 2017
September 7 – September 8 provided the perfect opportunity for the Quincy School Community Partnership to kick off the new school year with hundreds of Quincy Public Schools students thanks to the annual Backpack and School Supplies Distribution Event. The events took place at Clifford Marshall Elementary School, Montclair Elementary School, Parker Elementary School and Snug Harbor Community School, where each student received a new backpack filled with school supplies. This year, 4,100 supply-filled backpacks were distributed by Quincy Public Schools.
Special thanks to QSCP Partner Mass Bay Credit Union, for generously sponsoring backpacks and supplies for each student at the Parker School.
Special thanks to long-standing QSCP Partners Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Quincy Credit Union, NAGE, W.B. Mason, and Cradles to Crayons who once again sponsored supply-filled backpacks to the students of Quincy Public Schools. This event was a huge success! (more…)
September 28, 2017
The Common Market Restaurant provided the perfect venue for the annual Quincy School Community Partnership Welcome Back Reception. The reception provides an opportunity for Quincy Public Schools administrators to informally meet, greet and thank its dedicated and generous community business partners for all they do throughout the year. Thank you to all partners who were able to attend! The venue was beautiful, the food delicious and the guest list perfect!
Special thanks to QSCP Partner Greg MacDonald, owner of The Common Market Restaurant, for sponsoring this event.
November 2, 2017
The Quincy School Community Partnership’s 17th annual Mini-Grant Awards Ceremony was held on November 2, 2017 at the Neighborhood Club. This event, which celebrates and honors Quincy Public Schools teachers, is possible because of the generosity and support of our community business partners. This year, approximately 85 mini-grant proposals, written by 161 teachers, received funding. To date, our business partners have donated over $356,000 in mini-grant funds. Special thanks to Attorney George Burke, Quincy Education Association, Quincy Retired Teachers Association, Boston Scientific, Quincy Credit Union, Quincy College, Callahan Construction, Granite Telecommunications, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA, National Association of Government Employees (NAGE), Bank of Canton, Quincy Mutual Fire Insurance Agency, Wessling Architects, General Dynamics/Bluefin Robotics, Brewster Ambulance, Mass Bay Credit Union, and the Neighborhood Club. (more…)
Swim Play Learn Aquatic Safety Habits
The Quincy School ~ Community Partnership in collaboration with the South Shore YMCA is currently offering SPLASH to Quincy Public Schools second grade students who are unable to swim. Certified Lifeguards/Swim Instructors lead this 6-week program, which takes place on Tuesday afternoons at the YMCA pool. Each elementary school will have the opportunity to participate in the program.
Special thanks to QSCP Partner South Shore YMCA, for sponsoring this exciting program.
December 11, 2017
The Quincy School Community Partnership’s 17th annual ’Tis the Season…Symphony and Song, featuring the Quincy Symphony Orchestra, Quincy Public Schools John Adams Orchestra and the Combined High School Choral Group, once again ushered in the holiday season to a sold-out crowd. Special thanks to the following Quincy School Community Partners who generously donated approximately 250 tickets to the performance, allowing many Quincy Public Schools students to attend!
Attorney George G. Burke, Wessling Architects, Boston Scientific, National Fire Protection Agency, Quincy Credit Union, Quincy Education Association, National Association of Government Employees, Quincy Mutual Fire Insurance, General Dynamics/Bluefin Robotics, MountainOne Bank, Quirk Auto Dealers, Callahan Construction, and Arbella Insurance. (more…)
The Boston Celtics teamed up with TD Bank and the Celtics Community Team to renovate the music room shared with Quincy After School Childcare at the Lincoln Hancock Community School! Special thanks to QSCP Partner TD Bank and the Celtics Community Team! (more…)
Quincy Lodge of Elks #943 once again purchased new dictionaries for each third grade student in Quincy Public Schools. Students were excited and proud to receive these special gifts, which are theirs to keep and use throughout their school years! Elks volunteers delivered the dictionaries to each elementary school. Over 700 dictionaries distributed.
Special thanks to QSCP Partner Quincy Lodge of Elks #943 for sponsoring this event! (more…)
The Quincy School ~ Community Partnership is grateful for the continued commitment and dedication of partners who provide financial support, student support, site support and career connections, all of which enhances the educational opportunities for Quincy Public Schools students and staff.
- President’s Path Partners donated $32,000.00, which funded 85 Teacher Mini-Grant Proposals.
- The South Shore YMCA sponsors SPLASH, a 6-week water safety program, for Quincy Public Schools second grade
students. Students from Atherton Hough, Merrymount, Parker, and Squantum schools have completed the program.
- Quincy Credit Union, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Mass Bay Credit Union, WB Mason and NAGE donated 4,100 supply-filled backpacks to Quincy Public Schools students, celebrating the start of the new school year in September.
- Attorney George Burke sponsored audio and technology equipment for the gymnasium at Montclair School.
- Boston Scientific generously donated over $78,000.00 worth of equipment, furniture, and other office items to Quincy Public Schools.
- Mass Financial Services employees spent their Global Day of Giving at Marshall Elementary School cleaning garden beds and readying them for winter.
- Star Market/Shaws donated 10 cases of non-perishable food items to Quincy Public Schools’ annual Fall Gathering. All food items collected were donated to various Quincy Food Pantries.
- Granite Telecommunications generously donated funds for state-of-the-art Technology Labs at North Quincy and Quincy High Schools.
- JA Academy continues to offer Entrepreneurial programs at North Quincy and Quincy High Schools.
- Bank of Canton and Quincy Credit Union are conducting Financial Literacy Training Sessions at both North Quincy and Quincy High School.
- Two Chromebooks were purchased for Atherton Hough Elementary School with anonymous partner funds.
- South Shore Bank continues to sponsor Accuplacer Testing at North Quincy High School.
- Arbella Insurance provides Sterling Middle School students the opportunity to participate in a Workplace Mentoring Program at Arbella.
- Peak Physical Therapy and Sports Performance participated in Quincy High School’s Winter Sports Information Night with a presentation on concussions.
- Callahan Construction continues to implement a series of site visitations for Quincy High School Career and Technical Education Construction and Electrical Majors.
- NAGE (National Association of Government Employees) sponsors Quincy Public Schools’ 2017-2018 Mentoring Team.
- Quincy Mutual Fire Insurance donated five Chromebooks to Clifford Marshall Elementary School.
- South Shore Hospital sponsored the Quincy Public Schools Health and Wellness Symposium.
- The Quincy Sun continues to publish and highlight the Quincy School ~ Community Partnership’s events and initiatives.
- Quincy Lodge of Elks #943 donated 700 dictionaries to third grade students in Quincy Public Schools.
- Dan Quirk (Quirk Auto Dealers) shared his expertise on “Growing His Company” to Quincy High School Career and Technical Education students.
- Steve Wessling, of Wessling Architects is a member of the Quincy High School Engineering Technology Program School Advisory Team.
- TD Bank sponsored 30 Bernazzani School students to attend a Boston Celtics game.
Special thanks to all! We could not do it without you!
The fourth annual City of Presidents 5K Race/Walk was held on Sunday, September 24, 2017. All proceeds benefited Quincy Public Schools Health and Wellness Programs. This family event featured post-race activities at Adams Field including a cookout, bouncy houses, face painting, games and a DJ.
Special thanks to Quincy School ~ Community Partners Mayor Thomas P. Koch; Stop and Shop Companies, who donated the food, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Quincy College, AFC Urgent Care, Eastern Bank and TD Bank for their generous financial contributions.
Recently, Boston Scientific Corporation generously donated over $78,000.00 worth of equipment, furniture, and other office items. This donation replaced existing equipment and furniture in our school’s classrooms, conference rooms, cafeterias, main offices, technology labs and teacher’s rooms.
Boston Scientific is a Platinum Level Sponsor of the Quincy School Community Partnership, and supports each Path of Partnership Pathway: Financial Support, Student Support, Site Support and Career Connections.
Boston Scientific employees also participate in Quincy High School’s Innovative Engineers Program, serve as judges for middle and high school Science Fairs, serve as members of the interviewing team to select the Technical Student of the Year, and the list goes on.
Boston Scientific Corporation exemplifies a true Community Business Partner! The Quincy School ~ Community Partnership and Quincy Public Schools are grateful for their continued generosity and support!